Monday, March 22, 2010

Self Evaluation: Demonstration Speech

Quick and Easy Strawberry Flummery:
Desserts are very attractive to the eye and yet very simple to prepare. As we all know, desserts are a huge part of our everyday lives, whether it's a small chocolate bar or a big piece of pie. My demonstration speech will teach all of you a very easy recipe to making a delicious and satisfying dessert in less than 5 minutes.

INGREDIENTS
- Chopped Strawberries








- Pudding Cup, flavor of your choice










- Whip Cream/Cool Whip










STEPS
1) Open up your pudding cup
2) Thoroughly mix in your chopped strawberries
- Be sure to leave aside some chopped strawberries for your topping
3) Add whip cream/cool whip over
4) Top it off with however many pieces of chopped strawberries you would like

RELEVANCE
Being college students, we are all very busy and barely have the time to make a nice dessert. Quick and Easy Strawberry Flummery will be a delicious, sweet, and simple dessert that will fit right into our busy lifestyles here in Madison!!

Self-Evaluation:
CLICK HERE for my Demonstration Speech

Physical Presentation
As I watched my speech, I realized that my tone of voice was very positive and engaging. Also, my volume was loud enough for all my classmates to hear. I was able to maintain a straight posture that faced my audience and had great eye contact during my speech (with an exception of looking down at the dessert when I was making it). Something that I thought was very helpful in my speech was physically demonstrating how to make a Quick and Easy Strawberry Flummery dessert right in front of my audience with all of the ingredients visible. Additionally, as I ran through the steps a second time after passing out the 3 ingredients needed (pudding cup, chopped strawberries, and cool whip) to my audience, they were able to follow my easy steps and created delicious desserts for themselves!

Nevertheless, one thing that I could possibly work on for my next speech is my word choice. There were a few times during my speech that I wished I would've used different words to better explain my topic.

Visual Aids
I was able to bring all the ingredients needed and placed them on the table where I giving my speech so that they were visible to my audience. Therefore, making them more aware of what I (along with them) will be working with throughout the speech.

Something that I could have done but did not was to have a picture of the finished product projected in the background behind me, allowing my audience to have a clear idea of how the outcome will look like and they'll be more aware of what I will be demonstrating. I do remember thinking about this idea before giving my speech but did not follow through with it. Next time, I will be sure to incorporate this idea into my future speeches!

If I was to give a my speech a second time, I definitely will not change my topic. Although there were a few things I didn't fully like about my speech, I really enjoyed what I did and I take pleasure in giving a speech on something that I love (DESSERTS)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment